LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
February 28, 2020
The 2019–2020 School Year: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day: Esculent (adj.) – edible
FFA Week Dress Up Days
Black Out Tuesday
Fan Friday- Blue and Gold
● ISTEP INFORMATION for SOPHOMORES and PARENTS:
ENGLISH ISTEP+: The ISTEP+ English First Time Administration for students in Grade 10 will be held on Tuesday, March 3 during periods 1-3 on a modified schedule (attached). Students are reminded to bring their fully charged Chromebooks and charger on this day. Parents are asked to avoid scheduling doctor appointments during this time. Additional information regarding testing rooms will be sent at a later date.
● MATH ISTEP+: The ISTEP+ Math First Time Administration for students in Grade 10 will be held Tuesday, March 10 during periods 1-3 on a regular bell schedule. Students are reminded to bring their fully charged Chromebooks and charger on this day. Parents are asked to avoid scheduling doctor appointments during this time. Additional information regarding testing rooms will be sent at a later date.
● ISTEP+ Accommodations: Students with an IEP or 504 in Grade 10 with testing accommodations will test on March 4th & 5th. Additional information will be announced at a later date regarding testing rooms. Parents are asked to avoid scheduling doctor appointments during this time.
● Varsity Chargerette Tryouts for the 2020-2021 school year will be held March 4, 5, and 6. Anyone interested in trying out will need to complete the Tryout Registration Google Form: https://forms.gle/w7GhHnVpHvYXUvZr7
and pick up a tryout packet/teacher recommendation forms from Mrs. Antey's room (Rm 138).
● SPRING PLAY AND ONE ACTS ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Castle Drama Club will present the play Clue (based on the board game and movie) on Friday-Saturday, April 3-4 @ 7:00 and Sunday, April 5 @ 2:00. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students. Tickets can be purchased from Mr. Antey in Room 143 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of student and adult tickets and which performance. Come see this hilarious whodunit. The Castle Drama Club will also present a night of 3 student-directed One Act Plays on Wednesday, April 8 @ 7:00. The cost is only $5 and those tickets can also be purchased the same ways as above. Come support all these wonderful students on stage this spring!!
● 2019/2020 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS went out 2/6/20. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK written in the EXACT AMOUNT. Payment can also be MAILED in or dropped off in the FRONT OFFICE DROP BOX or the BOOKSTORE DROP BOX. We do not take any form of payment over the phone. Please call the Bookstore Manager, Lauren Dial, if you have any questions at 812-853-2190. ALL FALL/SPRING Book Rental is DUE by the LAST DAY of school, 5/20/20.
● Mandatory meeting on Wednesday morning at 7:15 am in room 207 for all students attending the Business Professionals of America State Leadership Conference.
● A representative from Western Kentucky University will visit Castle on Friday, 3/6/20 during lunch periods. Students may stop by and visit their booth if you want to learn more about WKU.