LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
May 12, 2021
The 2020–2021 School Year: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day: Promulgate (verb) - to make (something) known or public by open declaration
● As a reminder, students can fill their water bottles up at the water filling stations, NOT at the water coolers. Those are emergency use ONLY.
● The Library will be closed for testing:
Monday & Wednesday May 10 & 12 periods 1 - 6
● Virtual students - Please turn in your overdue library books asap. You may drop them off in the CHS main office. Overdue books not turned in will be marked lost and your account will be assessed replacement costs. If you have questions email Ms. Price at email@example.com
● Library: We currently have 149 overdue books still out. Please return or renew as asap. All library books must be turned in by Friday May 7. The last day to check out books Is Tuesday May 4.
● 2020/2021 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS were mailed April 6, 2021 to all students with unpaid balances. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK written in the EXACT AMOUNT. Payment can also be MAILED in or dropped off in the front office drop box or the Bookstore drop box. We do not take any form of payment over the phone. We do, however, now accept payment ONLINE through ParentVue. Please email the Bookstore Manager, Lauren Dial, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. ALL FALL/SPRING Book Rental is DUE by the LAST DAY of school, 5/27/21.
● Senior NHS members can pick up honor cords in Mrs. Opell's room (105) Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before school from 7:15-7:35 or after school from 2:45-3:15.
● Chicken Salad Chick is hiring in Evansville. Please stop by the guidance office for more information!
● Kona Ice is hiring! If you are interested please call 812-250-1328
● Do you know someone looking for a summer job? Scales Lake Park is hiring for summer help. If you know anyone interested, please pick up an application at the gatehouse between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Lifeguards, Laborers, Concession, Day Camp Counselors and Gatekeepers. Lifeguards must be certified.
Day Camp Counselors must be junior/seniors or graduates (or older) and must be first aid certified and have a valid driver's license.
● Do you want to be a lifeguard? RICHARDS POOL in Boonville is hiring lifeguards. If you are not a certified lifeguard you can enroll in my LG class.
Please contact Carolyn Whyte at email@example.com for more information or Call or Text 812-449-0229.
SCALES LAKE in Boonville is also hiring lifeguards. Please contact Audrey Persinger by email at Parks@warrickcounty.gov Or call Scales Lake for more information 812-897-6200.