LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
March 8, 2021
The 2020–2021 School Year: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day: Palpable (adj.) - easily perceptible: noticeable
● As a reminder, students can fill their water bottles up at the water filling stations, NOT at the water coolers. Those are emergency use ONLY.
● CHS Library will be closed 4th period today
● Attention all Juniors
The Warrick County Health Department will be at CHS on Wednesday, April 7th at 09:00 to administer immunizations. The nurse has copies of the paperwork needed to be completed and turned back into the nurse’s office by March 30. Students can pick up the paperwork in the nurse’s office or the nurse can email it to parents/guardians upon emailed request.
● Junior Girls: Hoosier Girls State is a program designed to educate young women in Indiana the duties, privileges, and rights and responsibilities of citizenship. It is a week of living and learning the political system of Indiana through a mythical city, county, and state. Dates are June 20-26. Junior girls who are interested in attending Hoosier Girls State this summer should contact Mrs. McKinney.
● 2020/2021 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS will be going home with all current IN PERSON students 2/5/21 and will also be mailed home to all current VIRTUAL students. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK written in the EXACT AMOUNT. Payment can also be MAILED in or dropped off in the FRONT OFFICE DROP BOX or the BOOKSTORE DROP BOX. We do not take any form of payment over the phone. We do, however, now accept payment ONLINE through ParentVue. You can follow the steps on the forms stapled to your student's book rental bill to do so. Please email the Bookstore Manager, Lauren Dial, at email@example.com if you have any questions. ALL FALL/SPRING Book Rental is DUE by the LAST DAY of school, 5/27/21.
● Seniors: Don't forget to complete the application for the Castle Senior Scholarship Fund. Approximately 100 scholarships are available for this year's seniors, so don't miss out on your opportunity to earn money for college. Go to the class of 2021 google classroom for the application link. The deadline March 10th.
● Students interested in trying out for the cheer team will need to add the Google Classroom: 2021-2022 CHS Cheer Tryouts with the code: zvdrj5z . Tryouts will be held virtually for the whole month of March. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Lubbehusen.
● Monday, March 15 is the first official day of girls tennis practice, please get your physicals to Coach Johnson.
● Students interested in trying out for the Varsity Chargerettes and Charger will need to join the Google Classroom: 2021-2022 Varsity Chargerettes and Charger Tryouts with the code dt5ebad
Tryouts will be held virtually, and video submissions are due BY Tuesday, April 13th. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Antey.
Chargerettes and Charger Tryouts are open to any student who will attend Castle High School, is in grades 8-11, in current good academic standing, and who are able to execute not only the dance routines, (Jazz, Pom, and Hip Hop) but can also execute an elite level of technical elements. The Charger is a male member of the team who also doubles as the mascot, and will learn the hip hop routine only. There is also a course requirement: Dance Performance, which earns the students a Fine Arts credit.