Professional Learning Community
Archived Professional Development Opportunities
2017-2018 | 2016-2017 | 2015-2016 | 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- February 13, 2018 at 2:45 in room 232 - How to create a "Self-Grading Quiz"
- At your convenience - Pyxis online training / tutorials on Google Classroom
- November 1, 2017 12:00-3:00 CHS PD - General
- October 19, 2017 2:50-3:50 CHS PD - General
- October 11, 2017 2:50-4:00 CHS English Activities - Google Classroom
- March 14, 2017 Intro to Google presented by Kristine Farmer and Lucy Nellis - register w/ ERO
- March 7, 2017 Classroom Magagement Panel Discussion with Steve Mintner, Casey Richison, Marissa Mitchell, Brian Gibson and Geoff Bennett - register w/ ERO - SRN 20178500002
- January 11, 2017 Standards Based Grading after school - presented by Heather Gabel and Steve Mintner
- November 30, 2016 Differentiated Instruction 101 after school in Community Room - presented by Marti Crafton, Krinstine Farmer and Lucy Nellis
- Friday, April 15, 2016 - Using Twitter for PD - presesnted by Mr. Gresham and Mr. Frazier at 1:00 in the Community Room - register with ERO
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 - Using Data to Drive Instruction - presented by Dr. Elmer Shelby in room 232 at 6:50 am and again at 2:50 pm - register with ERO
- Thursday, March 31, 2016 - GradeCam Go presesnted by Becky Will and Erin Williamson - after school in room 232 - register with ERO
- March 3, 2016 - Grade Cam "new version" training presented by Becky Will and Erin Williamson - 3-4pm in room 224 - register with ERO
- February 1, 2016 - Book Study - Teach Like a Pirate - led by Bobby Meier - contact Bobby for details
- January 14, 2016 How to Infer the Meaning of Words presented by Andrea Goebel and Leslie Parker - after school in room 105 - register with ERO
- December 3, 2015 Grade Cam: Digging Deeper presented by Lisa Hall - in the Community Room after school (45-60 minutes) - register with ERO
- October 29, 2015 Co Teaching Workshop in the Community Room - half day, am -presenters: Lee Ann Laune, Marti Crafton, Brandon Kline, and Adam Underhill
- October 6, 2015 - after school - Food Allergies presented by Melissa Rae Assistant Professor of Nursing University of Evansville
- September 3, 2015 - 2:50 - 4:00 pm in room 207 - Weebly website design presented by Derik Smith and Casey Richison - learn how to use a new web design software to create a teacher/class website - register with ERO (if you registered for the sesion that was rescheduled you do not need to register again)
- September 1, 2015 - after school in room 226 - Grade Cam training presented by Steve Mintner - register with ERO
- May 20, 2015 - How to use Promethean Board with PowerPoint, worksheets and Snippet Tool to make quick flipcharts presented by Becky Will - after school in her room 224 - pre-register with ERO
- May 11, 2015 - Quest Homework Service for math and science teachers - after school in room 232 - presented by Becky Will - pre-register with ERO
- EVSC eRevolution - Pre-Workshop July 7, Conference July 8 & 9. Early bird registration ends April 17. PD money available - must submit requistion form to Samantha Miller by noon, Friday, April 3.
- March 18, 2015 - Web-Cam Grading Software - before and after school with Steve Mintner - pre-register with ERO
- March 17, 2015 - Prezi in room 232 after school with Bobby Meier - pre-register with ERO
- March 10, 2015 - Review Games in room 124 after school - several teachers will share information about different review games they use in class - (Kahoot, Zig-Zag, Ringmaster, Milliion Dollar Pyramid) preregister with ERO - if you already registered for original date you do not need to register again
- March 3, 2015 - Evidence Based Practices with Visual Strategies in room 163 after school presented by Ashley Cook - pre-register with ERO
- Beginning February 26 - Book Study led by Casey Richison - What Great Teachers Do Differently: 17 Things That Matter Most by Todd Whitaker (2nd edition) - meet Thursdays 2:50-3:50
- Beginning February 25 - Book Study led by Brandon Kline and Marti Crafton - Fair Isn't Always Equal by Rick Wormelli - Wednesdays 2:45-3:45
- October 30, 2014 - Web Cam Grading System -presented by Steve Mintner in room 226 immediately after school for one hour - pre-register with ERO
- October 28 2014 - Basics of My Big Campus - presented by Brandon Kline in room 232 immediately after school for one hour - pre-register with ERO
- Beginning September 23 - Book Study led by Barb Dayton - Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids: (and the rest of your class too!) by Chris Biffle - Tuesdays after school
- Beginning September 22 - Book Study led by Sue Korb - Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques That Put Students on the Path to College by Doug Lemov -meet once a week, Monday or Wednesday 3-4 pm
- September 15, 2014 - Promethean Board Training - Advanced - 3:30 - 5:00 @ Loge Elementary (ERO code 20149011010) and Boonville Middle School (ERO code 20149011008)
- September 8, 2014 - Promethean Board Training - Basic - 3:30 - 5:00 @ Boonville High School (ERO code 20149011006)
- August 27, 2014 - Promethean Board Training - Basic - 2:50 - 4:00 @ Lynnville Elementary (ERO code 20149011004)
- August 8, 2014 at 1:00 - Prometean Board training for beginners - presented by Leslie Shamblin at Castle High School - pre-register with ERO
- E-Revolution EVSC 2014 Regional eLearning Conference- July 8,9 & 10, 2014 - register online - http://evscicats.com/erevolution/
- Tuesday, April 15 - How to Convert Videos to Video Clips presented by Bobby Meier and Brandon Kline in the library after school - pre-register with ERO
- Free webinar / videos on Insprie's TeachingBooks.net - see "Indiana Webinar Announcement" (Word doc) in Professional Development folder on the "S" drive
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - Quest Model of Inquiry presented by Kim Townsend after school in the Community Room 2:50-4:15 - pre-register with ERO
- Beginning Monday, February 17, 2014 - Book Study - Winning With People by John Maxwell led by Seth Hodde - 3:00-3:45 - contact Seth for details
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 - Kinesthetic Learning presented by Shannon Wenning after school in the Community Room - pre-register with ERO
- Monday January 13, 2014 in room 232 immediately afte school - Creating a test using My Big Campus presented by Abby Busing. Pre-register using ERO.
- Southern Indiana Educaton Center - schedule of upcoming workshops and opportunities
- Wednesday October 30, 2013 - ActivGaming - presented by Abby Busing and Shelly Aull - ActivGaming will allow students to remain engaged and interactive in the classroom. Learn how to use the Promethean software to easily create flipcharts that aid in discussion and review. This would be for individuals that already have a basic understanding of the promethean software. If anyone has any questions, contact Abby Busing. Pre-register using ERO for PGP points.
- Wednesday October 16, 2013 - Active Shooter - CHS Safety Committee and Indiana State Police - The Indiana State Police will simulate an active-shooter demonstration. The program will begin in the main hallway at 3:00 pm and later move to the cafeteria for a discussion. The entire program will last 60-75 minutes. This demonstration has been presented at other schools, and the teachers have found it to be very valuable. If you have questions, contact Sue Korb or Susan Walters. Pre-register using ERO for PGP points.
- Thursday October 3, 2013 - book study Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves - led by Andrea Hoy - If you wish to participate you will need to purchase the book in advance and you will meet as a study group over several weeks to discuss the content of the book. Contact Andrea with any questions. Pre-register using ERO for PGP points.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013 - Evernote, Padlet and Dropbox presented by Shonna Miller and Curt Welch on . These are programs teachers can use to help with research activities in the classroom. Pre-register using ERO for PGP points.
- Echoes and Reflections Workshop: A Multimedia Curriculum on the Holocaust presented by Shani Lourie, Educational Consultant for Yad Vashem - Thursday, August 15, 2013 from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm at Castle High School in the Community Room (see email sent by Mr. Byers on July 25th and email from Lisa Muller on July 30). You must pre-register for this training through ERO for PGP points, seating is limited - ERO code 20131130001
- My Big Campus Basics presented by Brandon Kline and Kim Gresham on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 from 9:00 am - 12:00 in the Library.