LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
March 21, 2018
The 2017 – 2018 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day – Multifarious (adj.) – having or occurring in great variety: diverse
· Virtual Summer School student sign-ups are here. Click HERE for more information and to fill out the form!
· 2017/2018 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS have been passed out. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK and we will print you a receipt. Payment can also be MAILED in and we will make sure you get a receipt. We do not take credit cards or any form of payment over the phone. Please see the Bookstore Manager, Christina Zeller, if you have any questions.
· There will be a dance clinic after school today for boys interested in auditioning for Knight Sensations for next school year.
· Seniors: Voting for senior superlatives takes place until Friday 3/23 at 3:00 p.m. The link is on the homepage.
· SUMMER MUSICAL INFORMATION: This year the WCSC/WPEF will preset The Hunchback of Notre Dame for the 22nd annual summer musical July 19-22. All audition materials and registration information are available at warrickmusical.org. The show is open to any students currently in grades 6-12 and there are opportunities for students to participate in cast, crew, and orchestra. Auditions will take place April 3-4 at Castle High School. Come out and be a part of this wonderful program!
· Are you interested in a full tuition scholarship to the University of Evansville? Are you a creative thinker interested in social innovation? If so, consider being a member of Castle High School’s Changemaker Challenge team. Interested students (9-11 grade) should attend one of the following meetings for more information: Wednesday, April 4 at 2:45 in Mrs. Busing’s room (room 215) orThursday, April 5 at 7:15 in Mrs. Busing’s room (rm 215).
What is the Changemaker Challenge? “The University of Evansville's High School Changemaker Challenge is designed to motivate young people to take a leading role in identifying and solving challenges in the world around them through innovation and creativity. Students from participating high schools throughout the region are invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of community leaders and compete for scholarships to UE where they can come to get the support needed to make their ideas become a reality.”
· We are in the middle of March Madness and now is the time to start recruiting for your intramural basketball teams. Forms are outside of room 211. Stay tuned for more details after spring break!
· The annual Breakfast With the Easter Bunny, sponsored by Castle Show Choirs, will be held Saturday, March 24 in the C.H.S. cafeteria. There will be 2 identical seatings - at 8 and 10 a.m. The event will feature a delicious pancake and sausage breakfast, live performances by the Knightingales and Knight Sensations, pictures with the Easter Bunny, an Easter basket auction, face-painting, crafts, and treat bags for the kids, and an Easter egg hunt on the Castle football field! Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for kids ages 3-12, and ages 2 and under are free. Tickets will be sold at the door. Come join the fun for the whole family and kick off your spring break with us!
· There will be an optional vocal clinic this evening at 6:30 p.m. in the choir room for students interested in auditioning for next year's show choir program and who are seeking to learn a song or in learning auditioning tips. Please see Mr. Adcock in the choir office if you have any questions.
· Attention Juniors: Vaccination requirements for the Class of 2019 have changed
2 Meningococcal (MCV4)
*2 Hepatitis A
*New requirement for the Class of 2019
Please bring vaccination records to the Health Office by the first day of school your senioryear.
· Why wait to start Driver Ed when you can start anytime with Behind the Wheel. See Mr. Lockyear or the counselors office for a manual and instructions on how to start today. Behind The Wheel is the company that picks you up for your drives! Call 812-402-7058 for more info
· RY Reunion group meets 3/22/18, Thursday in conference room by principals office during homeroom.
· Anxiety and Stress Support groups meets Friday 3/23/18 during 4th period lunch in room 183
· Are you 15 and Ready to drive? Road Star Driving School will be conducting a Driver’s Ed Course at Castle High School Starting October 9th. We also offer online classes year around. Please pick up a flyer in the main officer today! Call us at 812-858-3995
· Help food insecure students using FoodFinder - a FREE online resource.
FoodFinder is a free smartphone and web app representing feeding sites across the country. The app creates a 100% anonymous, direct connection between students who need food and their closest free food providers, based only on the students' current location.
Available now on the Apple App Store and Google Play (search: foodfinder), or online at http://go.firstbook.org/e/297582/2017-12-20/58kdw/107553044.
· We have a PT job opening of gatekeeper at Scales Lake Park if you know of anyone that would be interested. Hours would be after school until 6:00pm and some weekends. If they are in a sport they probably would not be able to work if it’s a spring/summer sport. You would work at least 3 days a week and every other weekend. You can apply by filling out an application. Applications can be picked up at the gatehouse from 8am to 4pm daily.
· We are now taking applications for lifeguard, concession and labor positions at Scales Lake.
· Lifeguards Wanted: Any certified lifeguard seeking summer employment should email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application to work at Rolling Hills Country Club in Newburgh.