LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
March 22, 2019
The 2018 – 2019 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule- Have a Great Spring Break!!!!!!!
Word of the Day: insuperable- Incapable of being surmounted, overcome, passed over, or solved.
2018/2019 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS went out 2-4-19. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK. Payment can also be MAILED in. We do not take any form of payment over the phone. Please call the Bookstore Manager, Christina Zeller, if you have any questions.
· There will be a mandatory meeting for all booth leaders for International Day in Señora Scott’s room, room 212 Thursday, April 4th. You may attend the morning meeting at 7:05 or the afternoon meeting at 2:50. Please be on time.
· March Madness is here and so is Castle intramural basketball. Pick up your forms outside of room 211. All students must turn in a concussion form if they are neither a CHS athlete, nor a participant in any prior intramural sport this academic year. Fees are $50.- per team. All games, including the tournament, will take place from 7:00 to 9:00 in the south gym on Mondays from April 15-May 13. All forms and fees will be due on Thursday, April 11th at the captains meeting in room 211 immediately after school. Please stop by room 211 and speak to Mr. Hudson if you have any questions
Color Guard 2019 Auditions: April 10th & 11th 3:15-5:00pm or April 24th & 25th 3:15pm-5:00 pm. ***you must attend 2 of the 4 days. Please bring water and clothing such as leggings, shorts and a t-shirt. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· It is time to sign up for Summer School! The link is now live on the Castle High School website.
· One Acts and Spring Play:
Tickets for the student directed one acts and spring play (Almost, Maine) are now on sale! Email Mr. Antey at EAntey@Warrick.k12.in.us or purchase outside of the cafeteria to get your tickets! These productions are in a black box style theater, and seating is extremely limited. In the past, the one acts and spring play have completely sold out.
WCSC and WPEF SUMMER MUSICAL:
Auditions for the summer musical, Newsies, will take place on April 8 and 9 at Castle. Any student in current grades 6-12 may audition for the cast. Orchestra and crew participants must be in current grades 8-12. You must register and prepare audition materials found at warrickmusical.org prior to auditions!
Tickets for spring shows are $8 for students and $10 for adults. All shows start at 7:00pm
· If you would like to be included on the annual Senior Map that comes out in May, you must select your college or post-high school plan of choice prior to April 12th using the link on the Castle website. We are using the same software for the Senior Map that we use for all other voting. If you have any questions regarding how to navigate the link, see Mrs. Moore by the end of this week in Room 102.
· Castle Senior Scholarship Fund Applications are now available on the Class of 2019 Google Drive. Complete your application by April 1.
· On Saturday, April 27th Congressman Bucshon will host a Spring Academy Day in Fort Branch, Indiana from 8:30am – 11:00am CT.
More details can be found on the flier and here: https://bucshon.house.gov/constituent-services/military-academy-nominations.htm.