LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
May 22, 2018
The 2017 – 2018 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day - august (adj.) - marked by majestic dignity or grandeur
· All library books currently checked out are overdue. Please return all library books as soon as possible.
· Recycle your old markers instead of throwing them away! Send to Mrs. Parker's room #242.
End of the School Year Library Schedule:
Tuesday, May 22 - The Library will be closed to all students except periods 4 & 6. Students who wish to return books may come at any time. We will be open before school, during Lunch periods, and after school until 3:30. This is the last day students may come to the Library during Lunch periods.
Wednesday, May 23 - The Library will be closed all day to students, except those returning books.
· 2017/2018 SPRING BOOK RENTAL BILLS have been passed out. Please stop by the Bookstore with CASH or CHECK and we will print you a receipt. Payment can also be MAILED in and we will make sure you get a receipt. We do not take credit cards or any form of payment over the phone. Please see the Bookstore Manager, Christina Zeller, if you have any questions.
· Attention Juniors: Vaccination requirements for the Class of 2019 have changed
2 Meningococcal (MCV4)
*2 Hepatitis A
*New requirement for the Class of 2019
Please bring vaccination records to the Health Office by the first day of school your senioryear.
· Why wait to start Driver Ed when you can start anytime with Behind the Wheel. See Mr. Lockyear or the counselors office for a manual and instructions on how to start today. Behind The Wheel is the company that picks you up for your drives! Call 812-402-7058 for more info
· For any girl interested in being on the golf team for the 2018 season, there will be a parent meeting Tuesday, May 22nd at 6:30 pm in the cafeteria.
· Are you 15 and Ready to drive? Road Star Driving School will be conducting a Driver’s Ed Course at Castle High School Starting October 9th. We also offer online classes year around. Please pick up a flyer in the main officer today! Call us at 812-858-3995
· We have a PT job opening of gatekeeper at Scales Lake Park if you know of anyone that would be interested. Hours would be after school until 6:00pm and some weekends. If they are in a sport they probably would not be able to work if it’s a spring/summer sport. You would work at least 3 days a week and every other weekend. You can apply by filling out an application. Applications can be picked up at the gatehouse from 8am to 4pm daily.
· We are now taking applications for lifeguard, concession and labor positions at Scales Lake.
· Lifeguards Wanted: Any certified lifeguard seeking summer employment should email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application to work at Rolling Hills Country Club in Newburgh.
· Panera Bread is now hiring for their new cafe opening in Newburgh! Please email email@example.com for more information!