LEARNING TODAY… LEADING TOMORROW
Daily Knight News – Castle High School
September 19, 2018
The 2018 – 2019 SCHOOL YEAR: Regular Schedule
Word of the Day: Restitution (noun) - the restoration of something lost or stolen to its proper owner
· Congratulations to the Freshman Class Officers.
President - Olivia Patton
Vice President - Caden McKinney
Secretary - Nolan Buckenmeyer
Treasurer - Allison Miles
· The Warrick County Health Department Vaccination Clinic will be held on Sept 20th in the morning for those who signed up. The nurse will call you down.
· Business Professionals of America: If you would like to join BPA you will need to fill out the membership form and pay $22 membership dues ($14 National, $7 State, $1 District). Turn in your check/cash AND membership form along with the attached signed forms to Mrs. Gilkey (room 207) or Mrs. Cluck (room 208) by Tuesday, September 25. Make checks payable to “Castle High School” or you may pay with cash.
· Glamour Gals - yellow forms and $5.00 dues need to be turned in to Mrs. Weigand by Friday, September 21st
· Castle Cares Committee is hosting an art contest to design a new mural to go in one of the main hallways here at Castle. To enter the contest please create your idea for a mural that sends a positive message to students and submit it to Mr. Fitzpatrick by October 16th.
Juniors who wish to sign up to take the PSAT on October 10 can
register online by 9/10. Here is the link:
All sophomores will take the PSAT. The state is covering the cost
this year for sophomores and juniors.
· Admission reps from Vincennes University will be visiting during lunch periods on Tuesday this week. On Thursday during morning ECA you can meet with reps from Indiana University Bloomington in room 130 and the University of Indianapolis in room 153.
· Hunter's Education Safety Class. Please announce. Announce as often as you feel it is needed for your school.
Date: Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23, 2018
Ages: 5 and up
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on both days
Place: Yellowbanks - Selvin, Indiana
Contact: Rodney Oxley, Indiana Hunter's Safety Instructor -812 760-8617 for more information.
Registration is required. Also, for those interested, there will be a fishing tournament on Saturday and a sleepover.
· Parkdale Animal Hospital is hiring Kennel Techs. If any student 16 years old or older is interested please stop by their clinic to fill out an application. There are two positions available.