About Tennyson Elementary

Fast Facts

Principal: Tim Long
School Colors: Black & Red 
Mascot: Tigers
Enrollment: 77 
School Hours: 8:00am - 2:40pm

Tennyson Elementary School reaches out to the northeast corner of the county and has served those students in the Tennyson area since 1911, when the original Tennyson Elementary School was constructed.

In 1987, the old classroom building was razed and the present school was built.  The original gym was kept and remodeled.

The school is located on an eight acre site on the north edge of Tennyson, adjacent to Indiana Highway 161.  The school currently serves 77 students in grades K-5.  There are 12 teachers on the faculty. 

Tennyson Elementary School is a one-story new building constructed around the existing gymnasium.  The gymnasium was renovated to compliment the addition.  Classrooms, library and administrative offices are organized along a linear corridor at one end of the gymnasium.  A raised ceiling area in the corridor identifies the entrance to a cluster of rooms.  Nine general purpose classrooms are provided along with special classrooms for music, art, speech, a library, resource room and a computer lab.  Tennyson Elementary is participating in Study Island, 4-Block in primary reading, Star Reading, Star Math, Accelerated Reading, and D.A.R.E, as well as, all Warrick County Extra Curricular events.