Castle North Band
We are very proud ofthe tradition of excellence our bands have developed over the years here at CNMS. We start all of our students in the 6th grade so if your student is entering the 6th grade we hope that you will consider picking up an instrument with the rest of our students.
If your student is entering 7th or 8th grade with prior training on a band instrument, we hope that they will consider continuing on that instrument with us. Below are some quick facts about our band program.
Band Fun Facts:
- Approximately 50% of sixth grade students at CNMS play in the band
- 320 students will play in the CNMS band in the 2018-19 school year (6-8th grade) - this is the LARGEST SINGLE GROUP in the SCHOOL
- 79% ofthe sixth grade band students at CNMS made the Honor Roll
- The CNMS and CSMS Seventh Grade Band were the only 7th grade bands to perform at the group I (highest difficulties level) in the ENTIRE STATE ofIndiana.
- Students in the CNMS band also participate in school sports (football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, etc.)
- Students in the CNMS band also participate in school cheerleading and dance team
- Band students receive a Band Grade and a Fine Arts Credit they need in Middle School
- Students rehearse as a class during the school day. After school commitments are limited to a few performances throughout the year
- The only thing students have to tum down to be in the band at CNMS is study hall!