WEC Admissions Information
The Warrick Education Center will be a nurturing environment where all students accepted into the program, of any age or race, will be given the opportunity to successfully complete the requirements for a high school diploma or GED certificate. As educators and staff, we will endeavor to inspire hope, build self-esteem, and guide students to complete their academic goals in a caring, relaxed, and supportive environment.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- Student must be referred by school personnel, parent, or self
- Student and parent must attend intake interview
- Student and parent must sign student/parent agreement which stipulates the conditions for admission into the program.
- A student under disciplinary action will not be considered for placement into this program.
The prospective student shall be a least 16 years old and must go through the Warrick Education Center's admission process. Consideration will be given for high school students less than 16 years of age who have health concerns that prohibit them from being successful at their regular high school. The student enrolled in the three area high schools needs a recommendation from their high school principal, counselor, or designee. If a student is expelled from their regular high school, they must serve the expulsion. Students must comply with all rules, terms, and conditions of enrollment in the Warrick Education Center throughout the entire school year or they choose to remove themselves from the program.